Our home delivered meals program provides the ability for seniors to remain in their homes and get a nutritious meal, friendly visit and safety check. This also helps them cope with three of the biggest threats against aging: hunger, isolation and loss of independence. Research proves that when seniors have the right support, they gain a greater quality of life, need fewer hospital stays, and live longer.
- We provide this service to those who are 60 years or over or with disabilities.
- For persons who are unable to dine at Silver Lining Café at Homer Senior Center because they are homebound or disabled.
- Our service delivery area is from Old sterling highway to Fritz creek general store including Diamond Ridge, East Hill, and surrounding areas.
- Physician recommendations are required for this service.
- A suggested donation of $7.00 per meal. Donations help fund this program.
How We Fund Meals on Wheels
Funding for the meal program is partially funded by a State of Alaska grant, but it is the community’s support and participant donations that make this program such a huge success.
Remember your generous donations help this program remain a success.